Friday 1 April 2016

Top 5 Products for New Mommys

Hey...Guess who's a Mom now? :)

I was blessed with my beautiful little girl, Kiera Rai on 29th October 2015 at 3:14am weighing 6lb 12oz. She is absolutely perfect in every way.

As you can imagine, the last 5 months have been crazy busy but there are 5 items that have been a lifesaver and I'll share them with you now.



1. Tommee Tippee Close to Nature Perfect Prep Machine....
This has saved SO much time and is amazing when you've got a screaming baby who wants milk NOW. I did breastfeed at the start so I did worry in case I'd never make use out of this but once I made the decision to formula feed this item was a LIFESAVER. It provides you with the perfect amount of filtered water at room temperature so that you can feed baby straight away. It does this by providing the right amount of boiling water first (in order to sterilise the formula), you then have 2 minutes to add the formula and shake, then you press the button again for the remaining water which comes out cool.  No warming up milk or waiting for milk to cool...its just done perfectly in 2 minutes. If you're thinking of getting one...GET ONE you won't regret it believe me!  I've got the Black one but it is also available in White and I think I may have seen a Red one somewhere.

2. Baby Einstein Sea Soother
Kiera seems absolutely fascinated by this and it gives me a bit of time to make myself a cuppa and relax. I think it was mainly designed to soothe babies to sleep but my girl is so nosey she would never fall asleep to it lol...she has to sleep in complete silence.

3. Tiny Love 3 in 1 Napper Chair
I LOVE this chair! The first few months this is where Kiera had her naps in the daytime as it can go completely flat like a moses basket which was extremely useful for having downstairs. Now that she is older she has it in the upright position and I feed her in here, she loves the toys on it. It plays music, flashes a few lights here and there. Also, you can either have it as a rocking chair or put the legs down so that it doesn't rock, I quite liked having that option. Oh, and it also vibrates, my girl isn't a fan of this feature though.

4. Coconut Oil
This is the only moisturer I use on my little one. It's AMAZING stuff. I use Lucy Bee's Extra Virgin Organic Raw Coconut oil (which you can also use to cook with but that's another blog post altogether) It helped clear her milk spots and works wonders on cradle cap! If you don't have any I'd definitely recommend getting some in as it's generally good for their skin all round.

5. MAM Anti Colic bottles
I originally had Tommee Tippee bottles which I received in the essential kit with all the bits and bobs such as steriliser, bottle warmers etc. However, Kiera kept getting REALLY bad wind so I researched into the best bottles for wind and was deciding between the MAM bottles and Dr Brown's. I'm glad I went for the MAM ones because they really helped straight away plus they are self sterilising bottles so times when I've not been in my house all I've needed was a microwave and I can sterilise the one bottle, I LOVE this about them.

Quick tip when it comes to bottles, if you haven't bought any yet just head straight for the bigger bottles. The small 5oz ones are pointless as your little one will be needing more than 5 Oz by 4/5 months so you'll only get a short amount of use out of them. It might seem funny putting 2oz of milk in a huge bottle but trust me, time will fly by and before you know it you'll be making 7 Oz bottles for your littlun!

So that's my Top 5 Products for now, I hope someone out there finds it useful as I know how hard it is trying to figure out what you'll need and to be honest, it varies per child as all babies are different.  

If anyone has any questions about any of these items please feel free to ask and I'd be more than happy to help.

Shodease
xoxo

Disclaimer: I am not associated with any of the brands above, I have not been asked to review any of the items. I'm simply just a Mom sharing what I found most useful out of all the hundreds of stuff that I bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment